KerkmanLaw is an independent law firm located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, that was founded in 2001 by Bert Kerkman.
Bert has been working as an associate and partner with large international law firms prior to founding KerkmanLaw.
He has many years of experience in Dutch corporate law, commercial law, employment law, and cross-border corporate and complex commercial dispute resolution, and can rely on a vast local and international network of legal experts, civil law notaries, tax lawyers and accountants.
Bert is dedicated to providing personalized, high quality legal services to each of his clients.
It is his goal to add value his clients´ businesses, and to build long-term relationships based on mutual trust and professionalism.
Bert Kerkman is dedicated to providing personalized, high quality legal services to each of his clients.
It is his goal to add value to his clients´ businesses, and to build long-term relationships based on mutual trust and professionalism.
You will receive from Bert the same quality legal services as you would from large international firms, but at the same time benefit from the personal attention and relationship only a ‘boutique’ firm can offer, namely:
In case any specific legal issue falls outside Bert’s field of expertise, he may rely on the services of boutique law firms located in or outside of The Netherlands who offer services at the same level as he does.
KerkmanLaw has long standing relationships with many international businesses in a variety of industries, including finance, capital goods, consumer goods, and aeronautics.
Although the client base is mainly North American, KerkmanLaw also frequently represents multinational businesses based in France and other French speaking countries worldwide.
Clients successfully represented by KerkmanLaw include the following:
– A Euronext Paris listed French multinational company active in the field of waste treatment and related environmental services: advising on the restructuring of the client’s subsidiary companies in The Netherlands and Belgium, and on issues of corporate governance, and drafting of all relevant legal and corporate documents;
– An FSA-regulated financial institution with subsidiaries worldwide: advising in the context of the establishment of a Netherlands based corporate structure, and the drafting and negotiating of all relevant agreements and corporate documents; advising the client on the restructuring of its corporate structure located in The Netherlands, and on the implementing of an employee participation structure, and the drafting of all relevant corporate and contract documents;
– A Euronext Paris listed French pharmaceutical company active in the field of oncological pharmaceutics: represent the client as counsel before the Dutch courts and proceedings before the Dutch Enterprise Chamber in litigation between the client and a joint-venture partner;
– A Euronext Paris listed French utility company active in the field of construction and engineering: advising the client on the establishment of a partnership between the client and major environmental companies, drafting the relevant joint-venture documents and advising the client in negotiations with the joint-venture partners; advising on the Dutch law aspects of a Dutch Government tender of a waste treatment plant, and the drafting and negotiating of a construction agreement and related contract documents;
– An AMF Paris regulated French investment company: advising the client in connection with the acquisition of a Dutch real estate project, completing the due diligence process, and drafting and negotiating the purchase agreement and related contract documents;
– A French multinational company active in the field of digital security: advising in the context of a Dutch Government tender, and advising on and drafting of a sales and purchase agreements with Dutch financial institutions. Acting as counsel in debt and asset recovery proceedings before the Courts of the Netherlands;
– An ASX-listed leading global network and satellite communications service provider: advising on the restructuring of the client’s corporate structure in The Netherlands; performance of a due diligence process, and advising in the context of the acquisition and merger of multiple legal entities located in The Netherlands, and the drafting of all relevant corporate and contract documents;
– A United States based privately held company and leading supplier of imaging equipment supplies: advising on the restructuring of the client’s corporate structure in The Netherlands; advising on local regulatory aspects of product security, and advising on a major debt refinancing transaction;
– Various corporations based in France, Belgium, the United Kingdom and the United States: act as counsel in litigation before the Courts of The Netherlands in commercial disputes, including sales and purchase, distributorship, debt recovery, etc.
KerkmanLaw is a member of AEA, a worldwide network of independent law firms, and may therefore rely on the legal services of international law firms in most countries of the world.
KerkmanLaw is also a member of GESICA, a network of independent french language law firms in France and abroad, and may therefore rely on the legal services of french language law firms in many countries.
KerkmanLaw has a direct and close working relationship with civil law notaries, audit firms, and related service providers located in The Netherlands.
In case any specific legal issue falls outside our field of expertise, KerkmanLaw may rely on a network of boutique law firms located in The Netherlands who offer services at the same level.